Breach Laws Charts
At The Privacy Symposium that Harvard Law just held, I had a fascinating conversation with Julie Machal-Fulks of the law firm of Scott & Scott. Scott and Scott have published a one page breach laws chart, with just five variables.
Julie Brill of the Vermont Attorney General’s office also mentioned that she maintains a chart. (She also had insightful things to say about the so-called “patchwork” of laws, and where the effort to comply goes: to report to the smallest fraction of customers that a company may report to.)
- Scott and Scott, one page reference chart
- Perkins, Coie summary of laws
- Proskauer Rose listing of laws (Updated 1 December 2007)
- Julie Brill, Assistant Attorney General, Vermont (not online).
- CSO Magazine has an interactive chart
If you know of others, please let us know. I’ll update this post as I learn more.