Choicepoint Roundup, March 6
- The Atlanta Journal Constitution contains the first MSM discussion I’ve seen of Derek Smith losing his job over this.
- Evan Hendricks of Privacy Times has a good article in the Washington Post, discussing who owns data, how we’ve gotten here.
- Axel, of Balrog.de comments “that ChoicePoint does NOT state in that Form 8-K that they had been asked by LA law enforcement to postpone [notification]. Good catch!
- CreditSuit has several good posts on Credit Report Freezing laws being proposed, and points to a Consumers Union roundup of such laws.
- Finally, today’s Two Minutes Hate comes to you from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s editorial pages.
All my prior Choicepoint posts are listed here.